Adult Services for Accent Reduction & Accent Modification Therapy
Accent modification is designed for adults who want to decrease a foreign or regional accent. First, we provide an evaluation to determine which sounds you are producing that create accented English. After a complete diagnostic of your English pronunciation, intonation, phrasing and rhythm, 7 to 12 sessions are designed specifically to your needs. This program is designed to reduce your accent by at least 50%.
Is this class for me??
This class is the perfect fit for you if:
- Have a high level of English mastery in reading and writing.
- Want to reduce communication breakdowns due to your accented English.
- Are motivated to improve your communication professionally and personally.
- Need to make more effective presentations, lectures, or phone calls.
- Are willing to commit to at least one hour of practice daily.
- Want to quit having to repeat yourself so many times!
What kind of results can I expect?
- Most clients decrease their English pronunciation errors by at least 50%
- Intonation, rhythm, and phrasing become more fluent and native-like.
- Increased confidence in personal interactions and professional presentations.
- Many clients consequently show improved English grammar as well.
What does the class include?
- 14 sessions, in a 1:1 format with the instructor
- An individualized, comprehensive evaluation that tests every sound and sound combination in the English language, along with measures of intonation, rhythm, and phrasing.
Based on your evaluation results, a customized program will be designed that best addresses your particular needs.
Where and when does the class meet??
Classes meet once per week in Brookline Mass.
Who is the instructor?
The instructor is Evelyn Rodriguez-Anton, M.S., C.C.C., Bilingual Speech-Language Pathologist.